MBA (Data and Cyber Management)
An MBA for the next generation of managers who want to be at the forefront of the digital economy. In addition to the core areas of an MBA including strategy, leadership, finance, innovation and project management, students will also gain an understanding of big data, digital privacy, global cyber law and the organizational cyber mindset.
In Partnership with DÜCERE Global Business Scool, the MBA in Data and Cyber Management is designed for professionals who are aiming to become the leader that steers organizations safely through cyber threats. Secure valuable data according to the best cybersecurity practice. Navigate change. Develop practical tools to shape a positive data security culture in organizations.
At the University of New England, we know it takes more than being online to be a great online university. It takes time and a lifetime’s experience. We pioneered distance education for working adults back in the 1950s. And we’ve been perfecting it ever since. Our mission is to help ordinary people ‘future-proof’ themselves in response to the rapidly changing world in which we live.
Delivery: 100% Online
Duration: 12 months
Admission Criteria: Bachelor Degree OR Graduate Certificate in Data and Cyber Management
Intakes: January, June, September
Program Structure (11 Core Subjects + Applied Project)
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- define the problem: graduates will be able to understand the broad context and complexity of an industry and the resultant challenges faced by its constituents. Students will be able to frame complex industry problems and effectively communicate them to others possessing both specialist and non-specialist expertise;
- gather and analyze evidence: graduates will develop and refine skills of efficiently collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data required to identify and illuminate the roots of complex industry challenges through both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- demonstrate management: graduates will develop project management knowledge and skills and then administer projects by drawing on practical experience and theoretical approaches to management. They will be able to critically apply leading management theories to specific project contexts in order to effectively achieve project goals;
- develop strategic vision: graduates will develop frameworks for achieving organizational change drawing on innovative and entrepreneurial solutions. They will develop strategic visions that identify business opportunities and appropriately incorporate relevant risk reasoning into proposed business solutions;
- demonstrate leadership in cyber and data management: graduates will be able to communicate the vision effectively and mitigate implementation risks to achieve effective change management in relation to cyber and data through both creative and pragmatic approaches. Graduates will be prepared for leading organizational change;
- understand, communicate and apply advanced theoretical knowledge in their fields of data security, leadership and people management to real-world contexts in order to justify propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and recommend actions relevant to contemporary business settings; and
- critically apply cross-disciplinary knowledge in decision making to demonstrate an understanding of global business challenges and key management strategies to positively influence a data mindset with creativity for innovation and data security contexts.
Written Assessments | Industry Projects
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Head of Cyber Security
- Head of Digital Transformation Security
- Head of Cyber Defense
- President Cyber Security
- Information Security Director
- Change Leader
- Cyber Security Executive
- Data and Cyber Security lead
- VP Cyber Security Strategy
- VP Security Assurance
- Security Governance Director
- Threat Investigations Lead
- Enterprise Risk Officer
- Governance Compliance & Risk Manager
This course is accredited by the University of New England which is a self-accrediting tertiary institution, offering a multitude of accredited course programs across a variety of academic disciplines. The University is compliant with the National Quality Assurance processes provided by the AQF and TEQSA.