The Digital Marketing Certification
To deepen marketers’ knowledge in the rapidly evolving field of digital marketing, marketers are required to keep their knowledge current to understand the key elements of building an effective digital marketing campaign. Covering best practice and using case studies throughout, the session offers a practical guide to the core techniques in digital marketing. Online tools and reference materials are highlighted throughout, enabling solid hands-on knowledge that professionals can implement immediately upon their certification.
This certificate focuses on the why and how of digital marketing and selling strategies and explores how they are integrated with an organization’s business strategy and technology focus. The skill set includes online marketing; online marketing communications; costs and benefits of online marketing; online customer acquisition, service, retention; and, successful and failed digital marketing strategies. Digital marketing methods explored include those for the Web, email services, mobile marketing platforms, and social networking technologies.
Requirements for the Digital Marketing Certification
- Review the skills you need to know to pass the CIMMO CPM® Digital Marketing Certification exam
- Evaluate your current skills with our free practice exam. All users must log in or register to access the CIMMO Center for Certification to take our free practice exam. This test will help you know where your knowledge is up to date and which areas you need help improving
- How you prepare for the certification is up to you. But we recommend following the CIMMO Learning Path
- Take the exam. This online multiple-choice test will take about two hours to complete. The cost is $300 for CIMMO members and $400 for non-members. Answer 80% of the questions right and you’re a CPM®, Digital Marketing. If you don’t pass the first time, no worries. You get a total of three attempts to pass the certification exam.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, marketers will be able to:
- Differentiate the three stages associated with digital marketing: planning, execution, and control.
- Create and/or improve a program for measuring and improving digital media effectiveness.
- Audit current approaches and identify areas for improving performance.
- Search engine optimization (SEO).
- Pay Per Click marketing including Google AdWords.
- Social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Partner marketing including affiliate marketing.
- Online advertising including ad networks and behavioral targeting.
- Email marketing including deliverability.
- Site content and copy.
- Digital marketing strategy and planning.
- Assess market opportunities in a socially networked economy.
- Evaluate examples of online affiliate and other Web-based marketing models.
- Assess the impact of various sales approaches, including the development of product knowledge, and online sales tools used in digital marketing applications.
- Differentiate the purpose and roles of various members of digital business marketing teams, including the customer service team.
- Compare and contrast strategies for developing online customer relationships.
- Evaluate the research of on online consumer behavior as it relates to digital marketing applications.
- Design online marketing communications strategies, including social media.
- Compare and contrast the features and requirements of online campaigns with offline advertising and direct mail campaigns.
- Propose digital marketing plans and budgets, including the use of multi-channel distribution, and analytic methods to measure marketing results.