The Registered Marketer Certification (REM®)
The Registered Marketer (REM®) is an entry-level certification, available exclusively from CIMMO. Whether you’re a college graduate from a diploma program, working in a marketing function without a recognized credential, or an internationally-trained marketer wanting to work in Canada, CIMMO’s REM® certification provides the applied marketing skills necessary to enhance career prospects. The Chartered Institute of Marketing Management of Ontario has designed the REM® for individuals aspiring to elevate their marketing skills to an intermediate level. Earning the REM® certificate gives you the advanced technical skills demanded by employers in Ontario and Canada and are a cornerstone of a promising and rewarding career in marketing.
REM® certification would provide you with professional possibilities:
- Qualify for intermediate-level positions within marketing teams.
- Work in any sector, whether business, not-for-profit, government or at a marketing or advertising firms.
- Use your skills in an industry you’re passionate about whether (for example) you are interested in sports, entertainment, education, technology or travel.
Requirements for the REM® Certification
- CIMMO membership in good standing
- Have successfully completed at least a diploma level education in marketing in Canada or abroad
- Have been graduated from an accredited Higher Education Institution
- For internationally educated professionals, credentials equivalency is required through WES
- Successful completion of the required courses through CIMMO continuing education stream and successful completion of the CIMMO comprehensive exam.
Requirements for maintaining the REM® Certificate
- Maintain CIMMO membership is in good standing
- Meet the ongoing CIMMO continuing Professional Development requirement
- Abide by the CIMMO code of ethics.
Yes it is if:
- You have studied for a minimum of one year at a recognized post-secondary institution (i.e. college or university).
- You are an internationally educated professional with education or work experience outside of Canada.
- You’re seeking a more challenging and rewarding role that allows you to be involved in more complex marketing-related challenges, and to support management decision-making.
REM® Certificate holders stand out in the marketing profession with technical skills in marketing that are becoming increasingly a professional standard in Ontario and Canada. These standards are what many hiring managers and recruiters are seeking.
With CIMMO’s REM® on your resumé, you could become the preferred choice for marketing related positions and you can leverage promotions throughout your career.